TnT Motorhomes Hire Terms and Conditions:
When making a booking you agree to the following terms and conditions.
We will require the following items on the day of collection To ensure your holiday is not delayed, we require you to bring us the following identification items. You must also make your full payment at least 28 days prior to departure.
Personal Identification Requirements
2 items of proof of residential ID of the main driver (Utility bill or credit card statement is acceptable) You must have the following items when collecting (Note we cannot release the vehicle without these items being present)
• Passport or other photo ID of hirer
• Valid Full UK or International driving license for each driver
• A cheque for £150 to be held as security any disparity in fuel level, full toilet or waste tank and parking or driving violations.
This will be held with the collection point for up to 8 weeks following the end of the hire period – (we will not cash it unless damage is caused or violations incurred)
There is plenty to cover during our vehicle familiarisation session, which lasts approximately 1/2 hour.
Please ensure that you allow time for this induction process.
The vehicle is fully equipped, but does not usually include bedding or towels, unless you have specifically ordered them.
Should you experience any difficulties with the operation of the motorhome during the period of hire, you are contractually required to immediately contact the collection point as indicated on your Reservation Confirmation email to enable us to be able to offer assistance. Alternatively, please contact TnT Motorhomes on 07968 348657 and leave a voicemail message if necessary.
Unless previously agreed, your vehicle will not be available for collection until after 3.00pm on the day required.
Your vehicle return time is before 11.00am; a late return fee of £25 per hour is levied for late arrivals.
Please contact the keeper of the motorhome prior to collection to arrange a mutually convenient collection time.
These details may be delayed if you have not completed the insurance questionnaire and final payment has not been received.
Smoking is strictly forbidden in all our motor homes – you may be charged up to £150 if there is evidence or we suspect that smoking has occurred.
Although the vehicle is comprehensively insured, this does not cover personal items/losses.
We strongly advise you to take out travel insurance cover prior to your holiday. If you have any questions please call 07968 348657.
If you are travelling to Europe please ensure that the hire vehicle has the correct level of breakdown cover to cover EU breakdown and ensure that the insurance cover provided includes travel within the EU.
Whilst travelling in Europe, you must carry the following items: Fluorescent/High Visibility Jacket, Road Safety Triangle, Spare Bulbs, GB or EU sticker & Head Light Angle Adjusters. All these items usually form part of an EU travel kit and are not provided within the hire price. To comply with EU traffic regulations, you are advised to obtain an EU travel kit usually available from the outbound port/ferry terminal.
BOOKING TERMS & CONDITIONS
Please read carefully. We will be pleased to clarify, in writing, any point on which you may have a query.
Collecting and returning the motor home
A helpful hint: if possible, try not to start your holiday on the same day you collect your vehicle. We need to show you exactly how to get the most out of your motor home, and this will take some time. It is essential that the hirer should be given a thorough introduction to the rental vehicle by our experts before the journey begins.
Since the times for collecting and returning motor homes are carefully planned, please return your motor home on time. A penalty of £25- per hour is payable for time between expiry of the rent agreement and the return of your vehicle (maximum penalty is daily rental charge). Should the late return of the vehicle make us liable for extra costs (e.g. compensation of the next hirer), we reserve the right to pass on these costs to you.
Please return your vehicle on time.
Bedlinen/ kitchen equipment Please bring your own bedlinen, blankets, pillows, towels. and equipment such as camping table and chairs Your motor home will include all crockery and other kitchen equipment.
The hirer may travel in any European countries with the exception of Turkey. Travel in countries outside Europe is only possible after prior agreement with the TnT Motorhomes. Written confirmation from TnT Motorhomes and an additional insurance premium are required before beginning the journey.
The hirer may not travel in war or disaster zones.
Daily from 3 p.m. to 6 p.m.
Daily from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m.
Once you have received the collection details (Usually around 10 days prior to the commencement of the hire) please contact the keeper of the vehicle approximately a week prior to the commencement of your hire to agree a mutually convenient collection time. Upon collection of the vehicle please ensure a mutually convenient return time is arranged to allow for the vehicle to be fully inspected. If this is not permissible you may be contacted by the keeper of the vehicle to discuss any damage discovered in your absence as soon as it is discovered Collection or return times which fall outside the dates and times given must be agreed with TnT Motorhomes directly.
The return of the vehicle is confirmed in writing, signed by the hirer and the TnT Motorhomes. Collection and return days are charged as per day.
Drivers. No one other than the drivers named in the insurance proposal form may drive the vehicle.
2. Insurance Surcharges.
Drivers must be over 25 and under 70 years of age and have held a full driving licence for at least 2 years. In certain circumstances the lower age limit can be reduced to 21 and the maximum age limit increased to 75 years old (Drivers under 25 and over 70 will incur an additional insurance surcharge). The driving licence for each named driver must be produced at the time of collecting the vehicle. Visitors from abroad must hold a valid driving licence.
Driver background information is required to be disclosed for each named driver on the insurance questionnaire. The information disclosed on the questionnaire will be reviewed for insurance risk and an insurance surcharge fee may be applied, which is in addition to the vehicle hire charge.
The total insurance surcharge fee will be notified to you prior to the hire commencement and will be charged to the authorised credit card (The total insurance surcharge fee, if applicable, must be paid in full prior to the hire commencement).
A cumulative insurance surcharge may apply for each named driver . A surcharge applies for: each current driving endorsement, less than 2 years driving experience, non UK & non-EU Driving licences, Drivers’ occupation, each accident recorded in the past 3 years and existing medical conditions.
If our insurer applies a an insurance surcharge on the hirers’ residential postal address then the hirer will be advised as soon as practicable, depending on the postcode.
The insurance surcharge rate is between £1 – £25 per night (per surcharge) and varies depending on the type of risk, including offence code(s), the endorsement(s) date, postcode. The insurance surcharge rate can increase depending on the additional number of qualifying risk disclosures.
The daily insurance surcharge is the sum of each applicable insurance surcharge. The total insurance surcharge fee is the daily insurance surcharge multiplied by the number of nights of the hire period.
Insurance Bond. The information disclosed in the insurance questionnaire may incur an insurance bond of £750 GBP to be paid prior to the commencement of the hire. The insurance bond is applicable to, but not limited to: foreign licence holders, non UK residents, higher risk category drivers, non UK mainland travel, inexperienced drivers, drivers under 25 or over 70, all male parties, high risk destinations and any drivers with accidents disclosed in the past 3 years.
The insurance bond will be held and refunded after 28 days (net of any non insured costs arising from an incident) from the date of the return of the vehicle. The insurance bond charge will be notified to you prior to the hire commencement and will be charged to the authorised credit card. The insurance bond must be paid in full prior to the commencement of the hire .
Unless full payment is received for insurance surcharges and insurance bonds, we are unable to provide insurance cover. TnT Motorhomes reserves the right to cancel a hire if the insurance surcharge(s) and insurance bond are not paid in full prior to the commencement of hire. In these circumstances the total hire charge will be forfeited.
2 Forms of proof of identity (including photo such as a passport) must be produced by the main driver at the start of the hire ie. utility bills, Bank statements or credit card statements.
3. Insurance. Fully Comprehensive insurance is included within the hire charge. The vehicle is insured for the period of hire contracted ONLY, thus late return of the vehicle may incur a traffic offence under the road traffic act. Hirers are advised to take out additional personal holiday insurance. A £1250 excess payable per incident by the hirer, is applied to all vehicles if the cost of repairing damages in relation to any given incident should exceed this amount. We reserve the right to any amount up to the insurance excess along with any associated costs against the drivers’ or hirers’ credit/debit card provided. Accepting these Terms indicates authorisation to the Lessor to be able follow this process if required.
4. Booking Details. All Telephone and online bookings require a non refundable deposit of £250 per week of hire paid at the time of making the booking. The booking deposit payment is not refundable under any circumstances and shall be deducted from the hire charges. Confirmation of the booking details will be emailed to you after the deposit has been paid. Unless a deposit payment has been made, your booking may not be confirmed. Early booking is advised to avoid disappointment. We reserve the right to charge an Administration Fee for any changes to the original reservation details. An Administration Fee may also be applied to any claims or losses arising from a period hire.
5. Breakdowns. In the unlikely event of a breakdown, TnT Motorhomes request that the hirer seeks the help of the the appropriate breakdown company quoting the registration number of the vehicle. Hirers are authorised to request repairs up to the value of £50. Repairs costing in excess of £50 must first be authorised by TnT Motorhomes PRIOR to the work being undertaken – please contact our 24 hours helpline 07968 348657.
6. The hirer agrees that he or she:
a) shall not carry more passengers than the seating capacity of the vehicle or allow the vehicle to be overloaded
b) Shall not use the vehicle for carrying passengers or goods for hire or reward
c) Will be responsible to TnT Motorhomes for the cost of making good and damage caused to the vehicle caused by improper use.
d) Understands that he/she is responsible for any fines (including parking fines) which may be incurred during the hire period.
e) Shall not, unless agreed prior to the hire with TnT Motorhomes, remove the vehicle out of the UK mainland.
f) Understands that no claim by the hirer for loss or damage to personal belongings or effects of the hirer or any person or persons will be considered.
g) Understands that any damage to the interior of the vehicle (including cigarette burns) living or cooking equipment will be charged to the hirer in all cases.
h) Period of Hire The times and dates of the contract of hire must be strictly adhered to 8.NO REFUND IS GIVEN FOR THE EARLY RETURN OF THE VEHICLE
9. CANCELLATIONS. All cancellations must be in writing. All deposits paid are generally non-refundable, unless owner is in breach of contract. All monies due and received within 4 weeks of the commencement of hire are non-refundable.
10. TnT Motorhomes reserves the right to cancel hire if, at the commencement of hire, the drivers licences are invalid or not according to the conditions set out above or if insurance is declined for any reason. In these circumstances the total hire charge will be forfeited (Hirers are strongly advised to insure against unavoidable cancellation). TnT Motorhomes reserves the right to refuse to provide insurance cover based on the answers provided in the insurance questionnaire.
11. Availability While every effort is made to ensure that the vehicle reserved is available, if the reserved vehicle is not available, the company reserves the right to offer an alternative vehicle. Signing of the Motor Rental Agreement hirer is deemed the commencement of the hire period and acceptance of the vehicle supplied. If the viability of the replacement vehicle is deemed by TnT Motorhomes unsuitable or impractical, a full refund will be given. In the event of a refund being give, TnT Motorhomes will not be liable for any further loss or damages or consequential losses arising which is not reasonably foreseeable.
12. Liabilities. The hirer is responsible for all costs and expenses incurred as a result of offences against the road traffic act and is also liable for any uninsurable damages including tyres, windscreen, and any internal damages or breakages.
13. Animals. All animals other than guide dogs have to be approved by TnT Motorhomes at the time of booking. If approved, all damage howsoever caused by the animals will be charged to the hirer in full. Any additional cleaning charges of £150 will also liable to be paid by the hirer. A daily pet surcharge applies.
14. Parking. The hirer may park free of charge and at his/her own risk one car at the collection location for the period of the hire.
15. Hiring’s start and finish at the collection point unless otherwise agreed. Full toilet cassette and waste water tanks will incur a £50 penalty. All vehicles must be returned at the same fuel level as at the start of the hire period. Any disparity in the fuel level will be charged to the hirer. TnT Motorhomes reserve the right to impose a cleaning fee of £150 if the vehicle is not returned in similar condition in which it was rented.
16. Personal Information supplied will be disclosed to a third party for identity validation purposes.
17. Complaints Procedure – complaints should be submitted in writing to be received by TnT Motorhomes within 14 days of the end of the period of hire.
18. Smoking is illegal and strictly prohibited in all our motor homes and if discovered, will result in your £150 security deposit cheque being forfeited
19. TnT Motorhomes reserve the right to vary the rates and conditions of hire at any time and to decline hire to any person at any time without reason.
VEHICLE HIRE TERMS:
1.Rental Agreement Owner agrees to let and the hirer agrees to take on the rental of the Vehicle as described. Owner means TnT Motorhomes. hirer means the person who ordered the Booking. Driver means the named Driver(s) insured to drive the Vehicle. Owner warrants that the vehicle is roadworthy
2.Extension of Rental Period Owner may extend the period of rental at the request of the hirer. The hirer will pay such additional deposit or deposits, as the Owner shall require. In the event of extension(s) the new date and time agreed for the return of the Vehicle shall then become the due back date save where the context otherwise admits. In no event shall the duration of the rental exceed three months in the aggregate.
3.Warranty by hirer and Additional Driver – Owner Rights
a) hirer agrees to return Vehicle to Owner in same condition received, ordinary wear and tear accepted, on due date specified;
b) hirer agrees not to use Vehicle for hire or reward nor use it in violation of any law, ordinance or regulation, nor remove it (without prior written consent of owner) from England, Scotland , Wales ,Northern Ireland or Southern Ireland.
c) hirer hereby warrants and undertakes to the Owner
i) the accuracy of the information supplied to the Owner;
ii) that in the case of business rental this Agreement is entered into by the Driver for and on behalf of the hirer:
iii) that he will not operate Vehicle or permit the Vehicle to be operated in any way that would violate this contract, including: Driving by any person under 21 or over 75: in motor sport events (including racing, pacemaking, rallying, reliability trials, and speed testing); to propel or tow any vehicle or trailer; by any person driving when unfit through drink or drugs or with blood alcohol concentration above the limit prescribed for the time being by road traffic legislation: by any other person other than the hirer or additional Driver(s); under authority of any licence other than his own; if hirer or driver leaves the car unlocked or fails to secure the keys; other than on a paved public highway, private road or driveway; in a reckless or imprudent manner or if the vehicle is deliberately damaged;
iv) that the licence shown to Owner at the time the car is rented is his own and fully valid;
v) that he will further protect the interests of the Insurer and the Owner by ensuring the vehicle is always locked when unattended: and the keys are secure;
d) If hirer commits any serious breach of this agreement, owner may treat the agreement as terminated and may without legal process, or recover the Vehicle at any time and place;
e) hirer authorises Owner to verify through credit agencies, the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency or any other sources, personal, driving and credit information provided by hirer and any additional drivers.
4.Payment hirer expressly agrees to pay:
a) The insurance policy excess of £1250 for each incident if cost of repairs are expected to exceed this amount; if repairs cost less than the policy excess, the hirer shall be liable to the repair costs in full.
b) A minimum Administration Charge of 10% of the total costs associated with the repair costs
c) The prevailing daily hire rate plus other charges, if applicable, for the duration of the actual time incurred by the repairing garage carrying out repairs arising from an incident, even if an account is forwarded to a third party to a maximum 5 days at the prevailing hire rate;
d) All fines and court costs for parking, traffic or other legal violations assessed against the Vehicle, until Vehicle is returned, except where caused through fault of Owner. Hirer is liable as the owner of the vehicle in respect of: any fixed penalty offence committed in respect of that Vehicle under the Road Traffic Act 1988 and Road Traffic Offenders Act 1988; any excess parking charge which may be incurred in respect of that Vehicle in pursuance of an Order under Sections 45 and 46 of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 or the Road Traffic Act 1991 during the period of hire;
e) Any refuelling charge currently operated by the Owner;
f) Owners costs, including reasonable legal fees where permitted by law, incurred collecting payment due from hirer hereunder;
g) If due to the negligence of the hirer, the hirer may additionally be liable for fair market value of repairing damage to the actual Vehicle supplied, administrative fees, plus loss of revenue at the prevailing daily rate, diminishment of value, towing, storage, impound fees, regardless of fault or negligence of the hirer or any other person, and regardless of whether damages are a result of an act of God during the hire period. Owner shall have the sole right and responsibility to repair the Vehicle. Damage should be reported to the office where the motorhome was collected as soon as possible and in any event within 24 hours after the Vehicle was damaged;
h) In the event of theft, administrative fees, plus loss of revenue at the prevailing daily hire rate. If Vehicle is stolen, it should be reported to the Owner immediately, and in any event within 24 hours after the Vehicle was stolen. It should also be reported to the Police immediately and a crime reference number should also be obtained immediately.
i) Drop fees (The cost incurred in returning the vehicle to the original collection location) if Vehicle is not returned to the collection point (as indicated on the motor rental agreement) without the written consent of the Owner;
j) hirer agrees to allow TnT Motorhomes to compute and debit final charges from Credit/Debit Card, if that is the form of payment used by hirer. If hirer seriously breaches this agreement, hirer agree to cease using Vehicle and to pay all expenses incurred by Owner in returning Vehicle to the collection point of rental.
5. In respect of each and every incident resulting in damage to the vehicle, the hirer shall pay to TnT Motorhomes the appropriate excess on such insurance towards or in settlement of the cost of making good any such damage on a full indemnity basis and the cost and expenses incurred by TnT Motorhomes in proceeding to recover the same from the third party. In the event of the Owner receiving from the third party any part of the amount of such costs and provided the hirer shall have performed its obligations hereunder TnT Motorhomes shall repay to the hirer the like part of such excess.
6.In case of accident
The hirer shall in the event of an incident that results in damage to the Vehicle procure that:
a) The driver of the Vehicle completes and delivers to the motorhome Owner the relevant accident report within 48 hours after the end of the hire period.
b) No admission of liability is made to any person in relation to such accident;
c) Any writ of summons, summons or other document relating to any proceeding arising out of such accident is forthwith delivered to the Owner at the address on the motor rental agreement;
d) All assistance is rendered to the Owner and its insurers to the conduct of such proceedings including without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing permitting such proceedings to be brought by the Owner in the name of the hirer and defending any proceedings brought against the hirer;
e) The hirer shall pay or reimburse the Owner against all losses, liabilities, costs, actions, claims or demands which it may incur or have brought or made against it in relation to the Vehicle or its use and which are not recoverable under a policy of insurance whether the same is effected by the Owner or hirer;
f) The names and addresses of all witnesses thereto are collected and given to the Owner. For the purposes of the DATA PROTECTION ACT (S) 1984, the Owner or any subsidiary of the Owner may hold and process by computer or otherwise the information given to Owner by the hirer or any Additional Driver to identify other products or services which might be relevant and for statistical analysis.
7. Hirer AUTHORISES OWNER TO SUBMIT FOR PAYMENT CREDIT CARD VOUCHERS/ELECTRONIC CHARGES IF A CREDIT CARD HAS BEEN PRESENTED AS A MEANS OF DEPOSIT OR SECURITY AT THE TIME VEHICLE WAS RENTED, INCLUDING IF ANY THIRD PARTY TO WHOM A BILLING WAS DIRECTED REFUSES TO MAKE PAYMENT.
8.All charges are subject to final audit.
9.This agreement is governed by and construed in accordance with the Laws of UK. All disputes arising out of or in connection with the agreement shall be subject to the non exclusive jurisdiction of the UK Courts.
10. If full payment is not made after 28 days of invoice, a reminder will be sent, 14 days thereafter the account will be passed to our collections agency incurring an extra charge of 15 % (+VAT) of the total balance due. Hirer agrees as part of this contract to pay this sum which represents our reasonable costs in collecting the unpaid amounts.
11. SMOKING RELATED DAMAGE IS NOT COVERED UNDER TERMS OF OUR INSURANCE POLICY. SMOKING IS PROHIBITED IN ALL VEHICLES.
The term “http://tntmotorhomes.co.uk/” or “us” or “we” refers to the owner of the website. The term “you” refers to the user or viewer of our website.
ALL PERSONS UNDER THE AGE OF 18 ARE DENIED ACCESS TO THIS WEBSITE. IF YOU ARE UNDER 18 YEARS OF AGE, IT IS UNLAWFUL FOR YOU TO VISIT, READ, OR INTERACT WITH THIS WEBSITE OR ITS CONTENTS IN ANY MANNER. THIS WEBSITE SPECIFICALLY DENIES ACCESS TO ANY INDIVIDUAL THAT IS COVERED BY THE CHILD ONLINE PRIVACY ACT (COPA) OF 1998.
The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
Unauthorized use of this website may give to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of UK.